Thursday, March 02, 2006

Please, Sir, I'd like some more...

Got good beer yesterday. Went to Nicks last night with Sara, Jamie, and Dutt (now that i think about it, I'm going to make an efforr to start to call him Tom, he deserves a first name) and man we got good beer. Started off the night and I ordered a Red Hook, Sara got an Amberboch, and Tom got a Blue Moon. Nothing amazing but it was pretty good. Then Jamie showed up and the beer took a turn for the better. Jamie started himself off with a Heffer, and my second beer was a Hobgoblin. Mmmmmm, Hobgoblin. After I had that, we all started on the good beer. Sara's next beer was a UFO, always a good draft. Jamie, on my suggestion, got a Riggwelter and he might have found a new favorite beer. Tom, surprising all by getting a second beer, got a Black Sheep, and i finished up my nite sipping on a Wexford. It was a good day for premium beers for sure. And it stayed pretty cheap. In addition to the beer that ordered, I paid for Sara's and for Tom's first beer as well as ordering a double order (12 total) of cheese sticks. Total was just under 20 bucks for it all. Very good for food and 6 beers in my opinion. Andy totally rules and deserves the good tips i leave him. Next on my list is to try the fiddlers's elbow, never had it but heard it was good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Papa Ray said...

I have never heard of the beers that you mention.

That said, I have two friends that make their own beer. One makes heavy, dark, very strong beer. The other makes light, "fruity" beer.

I enjoy both to a degree but prefer just a standard good German Bavarian beer of which there are many. Most are good, some are great and no, I can't get most of them here in the US. But I have drank them on my travels when I was employed and flying about the civilized world.

Now, I don't drink much beer anymore except at special times or with special meals.

I drink my Russian Vodka with nothing, with ice, with V8 juice, with orange juice, with grape juice, with lemon or lime or with a beer chaser.

But, not to worry [in case you were] not much more than the doctors recommend, which is two drinks per day.

I just hope they don't discover my two drinks are a little more in volume than normal.

I'll never tell.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

3/02/2006 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home