Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Motivated by Beer

I'm feeling motivated by the term "beer blogging" term used by Greta (Hooah wife). So much so that I'm gonna post on a beer i had recently. Its a Sam Adams brew, odd since i thought i had about all of them. They have a white ale that is pretty good, though might be a bit exotic tasting for some who are used to more standard beers from Sam. The white beer style is not one of my favorites from the start so its tough for me to really endorse this beer cause i don't think its the best representative of the white ale family. I am more of a fan of the blue moon family of white ales than this Sam Adams offering. Its their seasonal beer so it won't be around as much, but i really only look for the sesaonal in fall to winter with the october fest and the winter warmer. However i did have a very good beer recently that most people have not had the option to try. Murphy's Red is a quality ale. Mike gave it to me at Keith St a few days ago when i asked for a random beer and man was i pleased. Its a smooth ale that comes in a can, not a bottle, with a dark red look to it. It is not a sweet beer for those looking for a malty taste but is also lightly hopped so the real subtle flavors come out. Its gives me a real earthy feel to it and drinks moderately heavy. Definitely a sipping beer. I highly recommend it and if anyone else had it, leave me your feedback on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home