Monday, June 11, 2007

M1117

I don't know who reads my blog but if anyone who does has any information about the performance of the M1117 vehicle i would appreciate it. The background on this vehicle is that it was intended as an MP vehicle but I know for a fact that there is a goodly number of them out here in Iraq and that the guys how use it tend to prefer it for convoy duty over the M1114 ( or Up-Armored HMMVW as its also called). Its a slant bottom 4x4 that boasts a .50 cal, a MK19 and a SAW. Seems to me that it performs the 'outside the wire' duty better than the HMMWV and i'm curious if there has been a doctrinal shift to use these more, although i don't have any performance data to know how well they actually work, just word of mouth. So if anyone knows how well they work, let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home