Monday, December 05, 2005

More on beer

Was talking with my good friend Bobby last nite and he lamented the lack of beer on the site lately. We both think its pretty sad that i havn't had much really good stuff lately. This needs to be fixed. In the meantime, he had a very good brown ale recently while grading papers that he really enjoyed. I have never been the biggest fan of brown ales, but both Bobby and Mel seem to like them alot, and i usually trust their opinions. Brooklyn makes the best one i have had of that variety, except maybe Sammy Smith.

I did have 2 good beers over last break though. The first was a 6 pack of Smithwicks. It was very good. Kinda similiar to Killians in my mind but less sweet in the mouth so it tastes more like beer. Always a plus, defintely a good irish ale. Also had Hobgoblin. Oh yeah, i sampled the Wychwood brews again. I got a 2 pack fo the half liter hobs along with a really cool pilsner glass. Psyched about that for sure. Hobgoblin is a good beer that really reminds me of a good English Ale. Not quite up to that bitterness level but the overall flavor similar making it really really good. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a top notch American beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home