Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Where i'm coming from:

Just so that whoever reads this knows where i am coming from and hasn't really talked to me about politics, or beer for that matter, let me hit you with a little background on me. I spent the first 18 years of my life living in Columbia MD. Not a bad place if a bit dull. Was raised by a dad thats a lawyer and a mom thats a nurse that stayed home the first few years of my life then went to work at a hospital and now is a school nurse. Never moved though my rents did get beach house a little over a year ago. Have one sister and one brother who are both older than me. Jeff (the brother) is 5 years older and has a very similar (biting) sense of humor and we both are passionate about football. He is a EE for the DoD and also is a professor up at UDEL. Anne is 24 and is in law school right now and works for the DoJ as a paralegal. She also has a so ugly is cute dog named Bridgette that likes to annoy my dog Clancy. At college I started as an engineer and am still here trying to graduate. I think i was pretty affected by 9/11 and i after months of thought i joined ARMY ROTC at the end of my freshman year. Loved the idea of serving my country but couldn't put up with the politics of being an officer so i enlisted at the end of my sophomore year before i contracted. Spend 9 weeks at Ft. Benning then 12 more at Ft Gordon to become a 25Q qualified radio operator. Now i have been in for 2.5 years and got promoted 2x to make Sergeant and be a team cheif. Currently we are looking to get deployed in the summer of next year around the August September timeframe. In my views I am right of center and consider myself a realist. So, all my opinions are coming from someone who "put my money where my mouth was" about the war. I tend to think that freedom is the most essential thing in the world to guarentee people but i also try to look at the big picture of what affects most people instead of looking at individual cases, as tragic as they may be. I hope that this gives a pretty good inpression of how i think so that even if you disagree with me, and if you do go ahead and tell me why, you know why i think like i do.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a good start so far.. can't wait to read more :-)

11/15/2005 11:49 PM  
Blogger Atalante said...

Mmmm... beer.

Looking forward to more posts! :)

11/15/2005 11:57 PM  
Blogger Jp said...

I'll read yours if you read mine.

11/16/2005 12:20 AM  
Blogger Maddawg said...

Go ahead and post the URL, i love to erad other people's stuff

11/16/2005 12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to erad other people's stuff, too!

11/16/2005 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home